There are many articles and blogs on the web that indicate that anybody can make personal injury claim in the UK and win it, but that is now true. Following are five key points that should be kept in mind for this purpose:
1. Compensation will depend on the severity of the injury and its impact on other aspects of the victim's life - as seen by the court. Not all injury cases get six figure compensation, and but it is also not uncommon to see six figure compensation.
2. There is a limited time frame for making your case for a claim in the UK. The standard time limit is three years from the date on which you know about a personal injury and its impact on you. So it helps to build your case as early as possible using the help of experienced solicitors.
3. Select solicitors who experienced in a wide range personal injury claims. This experience helps in advising the claimants on how to press for the best possible damages/compensation and how to speed the claim towards a rapid settlement.
4. All experienced injury lawyers can rapidly spot if your case is genuine. There is no point is trying to construct a fake case in which you are not genuinely a victim. The case will fall apart as the lawyers construct the case details. You must be ready to share all necessary details. If you believe that you have suffered because of no fault of yours, and due to the negligence of the other party, then you may have a genuine case.
5. Most personal injury claims are settled out of the court by the insurance company of the other party, because insurance companies know that going to the court can make the settlement expensive if your case is genuine.
And if you were to go to the court and if the other party is judged guilty by law, then they would have to pay a lot more to you as compensation. Insurance companies have a good feel about when to settle a case out of court. Ask your lawyer to exhaust the possibility of out of court settlement because court proceedings can take time.